Canada – 2018 25-Cents – B.UNC
Features – 2018 25-cents
- Composition: 94% steel, 3.8% copper and 2.2% nickel
- Weight: 4.4 grams
- Diameter: 23.88 mm, Thickness 1.58mm
- Engraver: Obverse: Susanna Blunt, Susan Taylor, Reverse: Emanuel Hahn
- Illustrator: Obverse: Susanna Blunt, Susan Taylor, Reverse: Emanuel Hahn
- Egde: Ribbed
- Die Axis: Rotated
Number of circulation coins minted
- 2018 25-cents – Caribou : n.a.
Elizabeth II (2003 to present)
Canadian artist Susanna Blunt creates the most recent effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the inscription ELIZABETH II D G REGINA. A reminder to the effigy of Her Majesty’s father (1937-1952) that of George VI, who also chose to be represented without a crown.
In 1937, the caribou design by Emanuel Hahn replaced the maple leaves on the quarter to follow the trend of modernizing coins. At that time, the London Mint having a very high workload, the original manufacturing tools were made at the Paris Mint.
This is the basic finish found on most standard circulation coins in Canada.