Canada – 1967 50-Cents – UNC
- Composition: 80% silver, 20% copper
- Weight: 11.66 grams
- Diameter: 29.72mm, Thickness 2.00 mm
- Engraver: Obverse: Arnold Machin, Thomas Shingles, Reverse: Alex Colville, Myron Cook
- Illustrator: Obverse: Arnold Machin, Thomas Shingles, Reverse: Alex Colville, Myron Cook
- Egde: Ribbed
- Die Axis: Rotated
Number of circulation coins minted
- 1967 50-cents : 4 211 395
Elizabeth II (1965-1989)
The second version of the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is surrounded by the Latin inscription ELIZABETH II D G REGINA, a shortened form of that used until 1964.
In 1967, the Royal Canadian Mint issued a 50-cent coin with a howling wolf on the reverse designed by Canadian artist Alex Colville to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Canadian Confederation.
This is the basic finish found on most standard circulation coins in Canada.