Canada – 2002P 25-Cents – B.UNC
Features – 2002P 25-cents
- Composition: 94% steel, 3.8% copper and 2.2% nickel
- Weight: 4.4 grams
- Diameter: 23.88 mm, Thickness: 1.58 mm
- Engraver: Obverse: Susanna Blunt, Susan Taylor, Reverse: Emanuel Hahn
- Illustrator: Obverse: Susanna Blunt, Susan Taylor, Reverse: Emanuel Hahn
- Egde: Ribbed
- Die Axis: Rotated
Number of circulation coins minted
- 2002P 25-cents : 156 105 000
Elizabeth II (1990‑2002)
The third version of the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II was unveiled in 1990, when Her Majesty was 64 years old. This is the first effigy designed by a Canadian artist, Dora de Pédery-Hunt. It is surrounded by the Latin inscription ELIZABETH II D G REGINA.
In 1937, the caribou design by Emanuel Hahn replaced the maple leaves on the quarter to follow the trend of modernizing coins. At that time, the London Mint having a very high workload, the original manufacturing tools were made at the Paris Mint.
This is the basic finish found on most standard circulation coins in Canada.